Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Scott Deaton & Haunted Houses

Scott Deaton & Haunted Houses

I have never been one for the scarier side of things.  Risk taker?  Yes.  But not scary?  Well, I did get out on a rock ledge and look 4000 feet down at Yosemite National Park.  That scared me! (And my mother in law who took the picture).  Don’t like horror movies.  I watched Jaws.  Being honest.  Every-time I step into water.  Any water.  Ocean, lake, pond, creek, hot tub.  It doesn’t matter, I wonder if Jaws is real and if he has a grudge against me.  Why watch something that will give me nightmares and freak me out for the rest of my life.  I figure a good comedy is better than a horror movie any day. 

Wasn’t much for haunted housed either.  Same concept.  Why freak myself out and spend money to do it?  A few years ago, a buddy of mine convinced me to go to haunted houses with them.  I don’t think I had been in a haunted house in 20+ years.  Went to one in high school…and only because a girl was with me and she needed someone to hold on to.  Now, I have been hitting some of the area haunted houses for the past few years.  Let me mention also that I am not big for waiting in long lines.  Again, I figure there is something better to do than wait….especially for something that isn’t intended for pleasure.  My suggestion is ask every haunted house if they have a VIP entrance.  What does it take to become a Haunted House VIP?  A $20 bill will usually do the trick.

Honestly, I have been pretty disappointed in the haunted houses I have attended.  Maybe it’s because I’m finally old enough to know that the limbs hanging from the ceiling aren’t real, and the scary mask guy isn’t going to, and legally can’t, touch me or cut me up with a chain saw.  But, it is entertaining to go with friends and have a good time.  And that is what is missing in many of our lives.  Just having fun.  Especially if you have multiple kids, just going out to do something with friends is enough benefit.  So, for this annual holiday of scary and candy, why not head out to some of the haunted houses around town.  Most of them are raising money for a charity or civic group anyway.

For a good list of local haunted houses, check out KTHV’s link here.

Posted via email from Scott Deaton's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment